STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS
Live the full Spanish dream with Spanish Institute
The Spanish Institute Study Abroad Program offers the opportunity for international university students to enroll in the University of Sevilla, Pablo de Olavide University or EUSA University Centre. It also offers summer courses at the Pablo de Olavide University.
Spanish Institute offers students a complete and unique experience with our Study Abroad Programs here in Sevilla. They take intensive communication courses, live in Spanish households, explore the region and perfect their Spanish language skills. This program is ideal for responsible students searching for a fresh perspective.
Study Abroad Program participants live the full Sevillan dream, gaining an authentic understanding of Spanish culture and making connections between the different experiences that connect us all across the globe.
Are you interested in living a new experience? Are you a self motivated, adventurous student? Are you looking to learn, practice, and perfect Spanish? Then Spanish Institute’s Study Abroad Semester or Academic Year in Sevilla is perfect for you.
University of Sevilla
Closely linked to the history of Sevilla and Andalucía, the University of Sevilla combines the values of tradition with being an innovative institution of quality and excellence. It is a university as cutting edge and cosmopolitan as the city of Sevilla itself and can boast a history of more than 500 years.
These courses for international students are part of the international program at the University of Sevilla and offer a wide variety of classes to choose from. The “cursos concertados” offer an advanced level and a general level and are both taught in Spanish by professors who teach the courses based on the fact the students understand and speak Spanish fluently. There are also courses in English for those who do not yet have a high enough level of Spanish: See the catalogue.
Philology Faculty (includes courses in the following areas):
Faculty of Geography and History (includes courses in the following areas):
* Each class meets for 4 hours each week. Students will receive credit for completed classes at their own university.
Pablo de Olavide University
«The Hispanic Studies Program» is designed for students wishing to spend a semester or a year abroad while continuing their undergraduate degree. While it offers advanced courses in Spanish, it also caters to the needs of those with little or no background in Spanish by offering classes taught in English in many subject areas. Hispanic Studies Program course offerings:
|History of Art and Cinema||Spanish and Latin American Literature|
|Biology / Chemistry / Science||Political Science|
|Anthropology/Spanish Culture||Spanish Language|
EUSA University Center
EUSA Study Abroad Program options include Semester or Year studies in any of the regular courses offered in official EUSA degrees. These courses are open to local students and may be offered in either English, Spanish or both. Their Study Abroad offer includes over 30 different subject areas in Spanish and English, ranging from Media Studies, Business and Human Resources to Cultural Studies, Language or History. See the courses.
And their official undergraduate degrees include:
- Personalized University Programs: we adapt to your needs because you are unique. We help you choose one of three prestigious universities in Sevilla.
- True Spanish Experience: Spanish Institute will accompany you in your immersion into the Spanish culture making your visit an unforgettable experience.
- Live Andalucía: art, history, tradition, gastronomy and much more.
- Accommodation: stay with a host family to learn and improve your Spanish, share your day to day experiences and enjoy the delicious homemade Spanish cuisine.
- Spanish Institute is 100% dedicated to our students. We strive to make your stay abroad a wonderful, unique and enriching experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Our programs ensure personalized attention at every step of the process.
All of the university programs have an 8 day orientation upon arrival to Sevilla.
The orientation gives students vital information about adapting to life in Spain, the university system, the program, schedule, safety, activities, volunteer and internship opportunities, and meeting and getting to know Spanish students.
Orientation includes 48 hours of Spanish Language, Grammar, Conversation, Spanish Literature and Culture classes.
Spanish Institute for Global Education’s Orientation Program holds a three credit bearing-option.
- Orientation for university
- Volunteer opportunities and internships in companies
- Opportunities to meet Spanish students
- Security and health
- Orientation on Spanish society and life in Spain
- Spanish classes: Culture, Conversation, Literature and History
- Academic program at the University of Sevilla, Pablo de Olavide University or EUSA University Centre.
- Orientation Program: The program includes University Orientation and orientation on Spanish society and life in Spain in our Spanish Culture, Conversation, Literature and History classes. You will also receive important information about the city, transportation, the calendar and local holidays, health issues and safety.
- A seminar on «Spain today» throughout the program at Spanish Institute.
- Class material.
- Academic advice before coming to Sevilla, tutoring and mentoring during your stay.
- Spanish placement test before coming to Sevilla so that our academic director can advice you on the subjects and prepare your personal program.
- Accommodation with a host family in Sevilla with full room and board; three meals a day throughout your stay.
- Documents needed to obtain entrance in Spain.
- Health insurance for non-european nationals with access to the best private hospitals in the city.
- Spanish Institute emergency telephone number, 24/7 assistance.
- Airport or train station transfer at the begining and end of the program.
- Welcome Pack.
- Transport card (bus and metro).
- Opportunities to practice speaking with local students.
- Excursions and cultural visits in Sevilla and Andalucía.
- Welcome and farewell tapas celebrations.
- Support from Spanish Institute throughout the duration of the program.
- Academic certificate.
- Internship program in organizations and/or volunteering.